AbundantHope

Saturday, December 09, 2006

AbundantHope to Philly's blog

Any reader of this blog, you may know that for almost 20 years, I have been a pastor at Abundant Hope (Living Hope) Church. At the end of 2007, I may retire as the Lord directs (and my wife too!), so I wanted to keep posting here with religious, spiritual notes as well as posting at my new blog, Philly's blog@blogspot.com/ I hope you who read this will click in and make comments. The church is in Downey, Ca. It is a very nice city though we do not live there. Still, I have been faithfully coming up there for these 20 years at least 4 times a week. It is a small church and we have a younger pastor , who I thought would take over for me so that a younger , faithful, loving, gracious pastor would be the face of our newly merged church. His name is Don as many of you know. We are hoping and praying for good things for this church as it reaches out to the community to display the Gospel of Jesus, the good news as well as the bad news that humanity falls short of the glory of God through its spiritual nature of sin, rebellion, and mistrust and lack of faith in an Almighty. The outreach is always to show the love, salvation, grace of the Crucifixion , death, life and then glorious Resurrection of Jesus. That Act alone in all of history assures any person, if they trust that Act for personal salvation here and now, and eternal life plus the added benefit of a changed character through God's own Spirit. Can you imagine having God's own Spirit within you if you connect, obey, cooperate with the King of the Universe? What a change it could mean to your family, friends, enemies , local , state and national events! Dec. 10, tomorrow, Sun. I am preaching on Christmas Peace. Come join us. Dec. 17, Pastor Don, Georgia and the choir plus our Downey Christian Kids will bring us A Christmas Cantata. Join us in Downey for the Advent Season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home