AbundantHope

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Questions, Preaching, Questions

I have no idea whether anyone actually reads this blog but readers might like to know that the name is actually the name of the church I attend. For nearly 20 years, I have been pastor here when it was Living Hope Church. Now we have for a few years been merged with Abundant Life under Don Waggoner's leadership. Hence the name, AHCC. Don is much younger and is now in charge but I do get to preach a few times a year. I stay to help him put in his vision of how Jesus wants us to share the Gospel with our community. Today, is Veterans' Day and Don is one. This Sunday, I preach on Thankfulness for our Thanksgiving time. And yet, I look back to Tuesday's election and wonder how 33% of Evangelicals could vote for a Party which does not have its cultural, spritual, and social concerns at heart. Don likes politics but is not a junkie like I am. He doesn't even know about the election and its aftermath because he is with his Dad for his 80th nativity and his mother , who has cancer. Our prayers go out for not only them but for our Vets, our military fighting Islamofascism, and our nation since the election results. Could it be that when a party forgets its ethical, social, cultural, and economic agendas anyone would throw up their hands and punish them for their ethical problems as well as their arrogance in not pushing through the issues that its BASE,mostly filled with Evangelical Christians wanted?? I think so. So while I am very thankful for our Vets, our military, our struggle to win against our enemies, politically, I pray our politicians learn their lessons and be the ethical, positive, and politically honest people we elected them to be!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home